Behind the Fence

Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Results of the Mason Jar Rose Propagation


If you recall, last fall I shared with you how Mrs. Watson at the nursing home gave me her tip on propagating roses. Basically she took a cutting in the fall, stuck it in the ground, covered it with a Mason jar and left it alone until spring. That is exactly what I did with these roses (except, since I didn’t have Mason jars, I substituted glass vases and plastic containers.) These are the results. It can’t get much easier than this!

Knock Out Rose on east side of house.

Knock Out Rose on south side of house

Peggy Martin Rose on east side of house


I also put some cuttings in the greenhouse. They are quite a bit larger than the ones grown under the vases, but if one doesn’t have a greenhouse, the jars worked very well.
By the way, if I promised you a Peggy Martin Rose and you haven't received it, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment