Behind the Fence

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Waking Up


 
 
 
Yesterday I walked around the potager, noticing it is coming out of hibernation.




 
Parsley and Cilantro look lush.
 

 

In the Cold Frame

The carrots and spinach could use a drink of compost tea,
as could the beets and Tennis Ball letuce under the winter hoop.
Not much happening with the winter sowing experiment.
There is a lot of vermicompost to harvest and add to the compost bin.
 
 
 

The Peggy Martin rose cuttings look very nice. If any of you reading my blog asked for a cutting, please let me know before I offer them for sale at the Mother’s Day gardening event. Oh my, that is only 9 weeks from now! Can I possibly have the garden ready for guest? I best get my overalls on and get to work!

 


5 comments:

  1. I love the RENEWAL that each spring brings....to walk in the garden and see the faithful little green shoots makes me smile.

    9 weeks you say? EEEK

    ReplyDelete
  2. things are looking so so good-----if you are ever feeling a bit discouraged, come look at my mess of a garden!!!!! It will immediately make you feel like P. Allen Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that spring is almost here!! I would love a Peggy Martin rose cutting, if you are willing to share. I am looking forward to Art in the Garden!! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valerie, if I have any left, one is yours. If not I will take a cutting especially for you!

    ReplyDelete